How to Apply
Application and deadlines
To apply for this program, applicants must first be admitted to a participating community college's Associate Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) program. Applicants should contact their community college for details regarding that application, including required materials and deadlines. This program is currently offered to students at Butler Community College, Fort Scott Community College, Hutchinson Community College, Johnson County Community College, Kansas City Kansas Community College, and Neosho County Community College.
KU Deadlines: Following admission to the community college A.D.N. program, qualified students should apply to the Community College Nursing Partnership. All application materials, including transcripts and references, must be received by the posted deadline in order to be considered for admission. Applicants should log in and access their applications regularly to verify that all materials have been received. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
- Fall Semester KU application open February 1 - July 1
- Spring Semester KU application open July 2 - December 1
Fort Scott Community College students should contact KU directly to inquire about alternate application deadlines.
The following materials and steps are required for application:
- KU Application: Apply online. Select "Nursing Community College Partnership Program" on the Program Choice screen.
- Payment: $75 nonrefundable application fee
- Transcript(s): You must submit an official transcript from every college or university you have attended. If applicable, this includes sending official scores for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Submit official transcript(s) of all college coursework to:
KU School of Nursing
Mail Stop 2029
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
- (3) Letters of Reference: Gather the names and email addresses of three people from whom you wish to request letters. Once you submit your application, your references will be emailed with instructions for submitting their recommendation online. References should be requested from people who are able to describe your potential to be successful in the nursing program. You should avoid asking personal friends or family members. Faculty, graduate teaching assistants, supervisors from work or volunteer experiences, or advisers/leaders from extracurricular or community activities would all be appropriate people to ask.
- Copy of ADN Program Acceptance Letter
Admission decisions are granted within 4-6 weeks following the receipt of your completed application. All applicants are notified of their admission status via letter and email from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at the KU School of Nursing.